Join our talented team in Indianapolis. Apply here.
At High Alpha, we value Dreaming Big, Moving Fast, and Expecting More.
We constantly challenge ourselves to push boundaries, defy conventional wisdom, and take smart risks by pursuing big opportunities hiding in plain sight. We push ourselves and portfolio companies to build processes and systems that compress time, speed, and decision-making to produce results faster. We demand the best from ourselves, our team, and our partners. We create the context for success by providing the appropriate resources, infrastructure, training, and mentorship required to win.
The High Alpha finance team is looking for a Financial Analyst to play a key role in supporting and advising next-generation enterprise software companies. We’re looking for a continuous learner with an accounting background who is passionate about technology . The position is based in Indianapolis so you can effectively collaborate with the leadership teams of our new software startups.
You might be a fit if:
- You’re organized with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- You have an interest in startups and are excited to influence business strategy
- You’re self-motivated and like to take ownership of new projects
- You love working with numbers and helping people
- You have the rare ability to quickly shift from high-level strategic thinking to tactical execution
You’ll love working at High Alpha because:
- You’ll have the opportunity to work with inspirational entrepreneurs building next-generation enterprise software companies
- You’ll work in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- You’ll be part of a culture that emphasizes learning and growth
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and portfolio company leaders to drive key decisions and strategy
- Manage accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, monthly close, and financial reporting
- Analyze financial and operational data to inform decisions and advise portfolio company leadership
- Create and maintain portfolio company financial models and budgets
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a strong accounting background with a bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Have 2+ years in public accounting, corporate accounting or finance, or similar experience
- Demonstrate excellent quantitative skills with strong experience in Excel and familiarity with Quickbooks
- Exhibit an ability to embrace ambiguity, uncertainty, and changing business landscapes paired with a strong desire for continuous learning
- Demonstrate poise and professionalism while working with leadership
- Build collaborative relationships and trust with business partners, department leads, and finance peers, and be an objective advisor
- Possess uncompromising integrity